This Recipe came to us from Sandy in Cincinnati, Ohio. Looks Delicious doesn't it?
So let's quit drooling folks and...….
Here is what you are going to need.
1. One Pound Pork Belly
2. 1/2 Cub Shaoxing Cooking Wine.
3. One 2-inch-long Piece Of Fresh Ginger.
1. 1/3 Cut Sichuan Spice Chili Oil
2. Two Tablespoons Soy Sauce
3. One Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
4. Three Tablespoons Minced Garlic
5. One Teaspoon Salt
6. One Teaspoon Sugar
7. One Hothouse Cucumber, cut lengthwise into long, thin slices.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE PORK:
1. Put the pork belly I a pot and add 2 quarts water, the wine and the ginger. Bring the liquid to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium and gently boil the pork belly for 40 minutes, until tender.
2. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Drain the pork belly and let it cool. When it has cooled somewhat but is still warm to the touch, cut it lengthwise into long 1/16-inch-thick strips. Arrange alternating and overlapping slices of port and cucumber on a serving plate. Pour the sauce all over the pork and cucumber, and serve while still warm or at room temperature.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 4